It has been well-documented that staying social and active are some of the keys to successful aging. Did you know that social isolation leads to an increased risk of depression, stroke and Alzheimer's disease? Those who remain active and social are physically, emotionally and mentally stronger than those who remain stagnant as they age. Do you want to take a friend or loved one on an outing but are worried about ease and safety? Have no fear with these aging adult safety tips and independent living products from Ease Living.
- Schedule your outing at a time of day that is good for the older person. Some people are used to napping at a certain time of day or may have increased confusion at different times. Make sure the schedule is optimal for them.
- Make it easy to get in and out of the car with our Deluxe Swivel Seat. This comfortable cushion sits on top of the car seat to make it easier to get in and out of the car without twisting the back, neck or hips.
- Be sure to bring any medication that may be needed during your adventure. Our Medication Management Solutions include a variety portable pill cases to make sure everything you need is at hand.
- Dress for the weather and be prepared for any possible changes. No one wants an outing ruined because they are cold or wet. Bring a sweater or raincoat if the forecast is uncertain.
- If your excursion involves a meal out, you might need some help in reading the menu if the print is too small. Our selection of portable and wearable magnifiers offer the perfect stylish solutions. The Craavat is a fashionable solution if messy eating is a problem. Available in 8 colors ad patterns, this fully washable clothing protector makes it easy to enjoy a meal with friends.
Spending time with friends and family is not only fun - it is crucial to one's over all well-being. Get out there and explore with your aging loved ones!