You've decided to use a walker or rollator to keep up with your active life. Great! Now what is the best way to walk with a walker? Many people use their walker like a shopping cart. The handles are too high, they are pushing the walker too far in front of their body and they are hunched over. Walkers and rollators are meant to support your body and help with balance and need to be closer to your body to do so.
- Stand close to your walker.
- Adjust the handles to wrist height so you have a slight bend in your arms when holding the handles
- Walk in the walker instead of pushing it in front of you. Push it forward a slight distance then step in to the walker.
- Walk with your back straight.
- Look straight ahead and not down at the ground.
- Have fun! :)
Want more articles like this? Also be the first to know about sales, new products and restocks. CLICK HERE to Sign Up.
Any questions or comments? Here is how to reach me - CONTACT