Do you have someone on your list who has everything? Don’t buy them something else that will add clutter to their lives. Instead look to one of these creative gift ideas that they won’t expect.
- Netflix Subscription: If your recipient loves to watch TV, a Netflix subscription gives them access to thousand of series and movies. You might even find something you both like!
- Grocery Delivery: It is winter in a large part of the country and a lot of people avoid going out in the cold. Make it easier to get groceries by setting up weekly delivery with a service like Instacart or Shipt.
- Help Around the House: A Taskrabbit gift card lets them order up help for chores around the house from vetted professionals. From yard work to home repairs to snow removal, Taskrabbit will help them with tasks they don’t want to tackle.
- Meal Kit Delivery: Hello Fresh, Plated and Blue Apron deliver the ingredients and recipes needed to cook yummy, healthy meals at home. Everything that is needed is included from meat or fish to vegetables and spices. These services run on a subscription model so you can gift for a short or longer period.
- Online Courses: Give the gift of learning with an online course from Udemy or Creativebug. While Creativebug focuses on crafts, Udemy has classes on everything from technology to music and foreign language.
- A Ride: Whether they’ve stopped driving or don’t like to drive in the snow and ice, a gift card for a ride service like Uber or Lyft will help your recipient get to their activities, appointments and social engagements.
- Museum Membership: Having a membership to a museum usually means free admission and access to tours and events not often known to the public. Whether their interests lie in art, science or history, a museum membership will be truly appreciated.
- A Treat: Everyone loves a little pampering. A gift certificate to a local spa for a pedicure or massage will brighten their spirits and make them feel special.
- Adventure: A gift card for travel from an airline or tour company will spur them to take that trip they’ve always thought about. Tauck and Road Scholar are two of our favorite tour companies with some amazing trip packages.
- A Monthly Treat: Subscription boxes give them something to look forward to every month. From treats from a company like Harry & David to fashion from Stitch Fix, there are so many options out there. Another interesting choice is GrandBox. This monthly delivery features products chosen for those over 65 with an added personal touch like a family photo that you provide.
- History: Ancestry allows them to trace their family tree and add to the family story. You never know who you will find in the lineage or where you have your origins.
If you’re looking for a more traditional gift, shop our selection of curated independence products at Ease Living.